Sunday 22 October 2017

The three sieve story

Hello there!

It's a rainy Sunday afternoon, as I'm obviously not out I've decided to make a good use of the little extra free time and write something down :)

Last time I left you without the story so I hope that your curiosity has increased since then.

So let's cut to the chase. I've read that story in one book called Powiedz to dobrym słowem by Iwona Majewska-Opiełka and I decided to share it with you.

It was a nice sunny day, the old Socrates was walking through the park, when suddenly out of nowhere one man run into him shouting  "Socrates there's something you need to know, there's a friend of yours who.."
Hey, wait a seconf - Socrates said. You are about to tell me something, right? Just let me ask you a question did you consider the thing that you want to tell me, and did you put it through the three sieves?"
- The three sieves? The man asked, what are you talking about?
- Ok, then, let me explain - said Socrates.The first sieve is the sieve of truth. Did you check whether what you wanted to tell me is true? Socrates asked.
- Well, actually no, I didn't I just heard it somewhere - the man answered.
- Ah, well then now you should consider the second sieve, the second one is called the sieve of good, after a second - Socrates asked. Do you think that what you want to tell me is good?
-Ehm no not at all, on the contrary, it's a bad news - the man a little bit annoyed already answered. 
With a concerned face the wise Socrates said:
 - Let's use the third sieve, shall we?
Will it be useful to me, what you are about to tell me, is is it necessary?
- Well, not really - the man said.
- Ok then, I think we already know whether you should tell me what you were going to tell me or not -  said with a smile Socrates
If something, isn't true or let alone is made up, it isn't good or necessary, just forget about it. It certainly won't do any good but it might harm somebody, so what's the point?

Hope you'll have a good afternoon!

Love,
Alex

 

1 comment:

  1. And then another philosper appeared. His name was Octopus of Andromeda. Socrates wasn't very pleased to see him. He almost said something French under his breath, only French wasn't invented yet.

    - You know what, guys? The ultimate sieve (and - dare I say it - also the ultimate syf) is LOVE.

    Socrates almost started biting his nails, but nails weren't invented then. "Such a wise man, me, and I didn't know it?"

    Octopus held his breath and almost changed into a Labrador, only Labradors...

    ReplyDelete