Friday 13 October 2017

How do you communicate ?

Have you ever tried to say something with a good intention but either you were misunderstood or the way you said it was just wrong and it led to a whole different result that the expected one?

I bet you have :) 

Recently I've been reading, talking and overthinking a lot about of a power of words.
Probably because I read a really interesting and thought-provoking book called Powiedz to dobrym słowem that maybe one day will be summarised in here. Not today though :) 

There are so many unnecessary conflicts, fights, anger behind the lack of knowledge how we could communicate in the way that not only we would achieve our goal but also our interlocutor would feel important in the conversation.

Just think about it, how much time do we spend in our life on learning this that we might never use in our life. From the outset, I knew that Physics will never be a part of my life, I mean it obviously is but I won't be the one who anyhow will be studying it. I'm not saying we should have a basic knowledge, but we should we learn difficult formulas that we don't ever understand the meaning.

About 80% of our life we are surrounded by people, we need to communicate with our parents, children, friends, colleagues, boss, teachers and I could go on like this for a long time... 

Let me ask you something have you ever been taught on how to speak effectively? If yes, then you're that lucky one and congratulations to you if you could put anything of what you've learned in practice. 

If you haven't then, unfortunately, you're in the majority. 

I strongly believe that communication is a key to a good relationship and relations, therefore we shall all try to improve our skills in order to make our lives easier :) 

To be continued ...

Love,

Alex


 



            

  

No comments:

Post a Comment