Saturday 10 June 2017

Big little lies

Hello there x

I'm not sure if I've told you that before but I'm a huge soap opera lover. It started when I was little, and I know you'll probably laugh at me, but I did watch telenovelas. In fact, it was the first moment where I felt that Spanish was such a lovely language and that I'd love to learn it. I was around 10 and here I am studying Spanish Philology :)

However, today I wanted to recommend you an American miniseries that captivated me from the very first scene.

Based on the novel called Big Little Lies (what a surprise, right?) written by Liane Moriarty was taken to a big screen thanks to David E. Kelly, the producer.

It consists seven, absolutely addictive episodes, which tell us a story of four mother and their families raising their children in a small, however very money-based, if I can even say that, community.

The whole plot has to do with a murder that is unsolved, and until the end obviously, we don't know who's the murderer and who's the victim. Episode by episode we discover the secrets from the past of every mum and also we follow their present life. In each episode, we connect the dots, which keeps you interested in every single minute of it.

The intrigue, the mystery and stories of four completely different women is the reason why I hold on to my computer and had sleepless nights because I just couldn't stop.  

If you're not convinced yet let me just tell you that the main characters are cast by
Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman and  Shailene Woodley. I guess that no introduction is needed :)

If you have a spear moment (about an hour) you should definitely watch it, If you don't you should watch it regardless :)
Although I must tell you it is addictive! :)

1 comment:

  1. Definitely on my summer watching list - I can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete