Monday 22 May 2017

There's no place like home ...

They say that there's no place like home, right?

I often get that feeling of anger or maybe sadness after a nice trip which I to would call a post trip syndrome.
I could describe it as the first state of a slight depression that we might suffer after being abroad. Well, it doesn't necessarily have to be abroad but somewhere where we felt like in heaven.

So, I've just come back from one of those places that made me feel like that and I realised that, each time, after being somewhere else I catch myself on being sad, let alone depressed.

Why does that happen? Is it because you had such a great time wherever you were or maybe because it was just a clear out for your mind? Does it have to do with the place you chose to travel to or maybe with the company you were surrounded by?

What if there's always that feeling inside of you that you don't belong to any of those places, what if you can't really stand living in one city for a long period of time?

I guess that what if  could go on forever. Nevertheless, I know that wherever I go I leave there a little piece of my heart, and anytime I can easily recall that little box, that we all have inside of us, that is full of memories, and just make myself feel better.

And even though people say you shouldn't hold on to memories I believe that this is the one thing that can never be taken away from us, which makes it very special and unique.

As always I end up talking about something else then I wanted to write about first.

I hope that at least in parts you were able to understand what I was trying to tell you :)

Have a good night x
 


No comments:

Post a Comment